What is a 6iv pokemon? When it comes to taking advantage of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet’s breeding mechanics, Ditto is one of the most important entities. It’s capable of breeding with any creature during a picnic. This is one of the biggest reasons why so many players want to have a Ditto on their roster.
A 6IV Ditto is often considered the perfect Pokemon when it comes to breeding, as the resulting offspring is born with incredibly high IV (Individual Value) stats.
However, the creature is one of the hardest to obtain and is incredibly elusive in the wild. Its higher IV versions are even more difficult to acquire. Hence, today’s guide will specifically go over how to get 6IV Dittos for breeding in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
How to get 6IV Dittos in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
IV is a hidden power stat in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. 6IV is the best that a Pocket Monster can hope to achieve in Paldea. This is why getting your hands on a Pokemon with this stat is one of the hardest things to pull off in the game.
To be able to catch a 6IV Ditto in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you will be required to:
- Take part in Six-Star Tera Raid Battles. Five and Six-Star Tera Raid Battles are some of the hardest encounters in both titles if you exclude the incredibly special Seven-Star Tera Raid ones. You will be able to get your hands on a 6IV Ditto by participating and completing a Six-Star Tera Raid.
- However, much like coming across a normal Ditto in the wild, the chances of an encounter turning out to be a Ditto in a Six-Star Raid are incredibly low. The odds are 1/32. It goes without saying that you will have to rely on your luck quite a bit for the raid Pokemon to turn out to be Ditto in Scarlet and Violet.
- However, you can make your search for the 6IV Ditto less time-consuming by manually resetting the Tera Raid if the raid Pokemon does not turn out to be what you seek. To be able to reset a Six-Star Tera Raid you will be required to alter the Date and Time.
- Moreover, when it comes to the Six-Star Ditto Raids themselves, your chances of obtaining a 6IV Ditto are also extremely low. However, you will be guaranteed a 5IV Ditto in them.
- Obtaining a 6IV Ditto in the game basically comes down to how lucky you are when the raid begins. While you can accelerate the process by resetting the raids themselves, it’s still quite a hassle to acquire the perfect Ditto in Scarlet and Violet
However, if you are having a lot of trouble finding the elusive Ditto and want to have a strong roster of 6IV Pokemon in the game, then the next best solution would be to utilize the IV training system by investing in Bottle Caps.
Bottle Caps can be obtained from the Delibird Presents shop in Cascarrafa, Levincia, and Mesagoza. They go for 20,000 Poke Dollars each and facilitate one of the best ways to get stronger Pokemon in the game apart. This includes getting 6IV Dittos and using them for breeding.
How Do You Get 6 Perfect IVs?
Getting a 6 Perfect IV Pokémon is a long manual process but not impossible. However, there are steps to follow to get what you want.
Step 1: Get a 6IV Ditto
One does not simply get a 6iv ditto by catching it in the wild or other areas. Firstly, remember that aside from breeding for good ivs, getting a 6iv Ditto is very rare.
An average player can get a 6iv ditto with a chance of one in one million or something close to it. You can borrow or trade the perfect 6iv Ditto from a friend or any willing individual.
Also, you can have a chance to obtain a 6iv Ditto through raid battles, which are in Pokémon Sword and Shield. What’s special about getting a 6iv Ditto because it drastically makes breeding for competitive Pokémon battles a lot easier.
And since Ditto can breed with almost any Pokémon, it is advantageous if you have one. Also, remember that You can only pass down 5 stats from a parent Pokémon by using a destiny knot.
Step 2: Use Destiny Knot
A Destiny Knot is an item that will ensure that your offspring Pokémon will get at least 5 perfect stats from your perfect iv Pokémon like 6iv ditto and more.
It will not matter who holds the destiny knot item. You can give it to a parent Pokémon of your choosing.
Step 3: Use Another Pokémon with Other IV’s
It would be best to use other Pokémon to pair with other Pokémon for breeding. So make sure that you have good ivs to maximize the chance of the offspring inheriting the good iv stats.
Step 4: Breed the Two Pokémon
Go to a daycare center in the Pokémon game after making sure that 2 Pokémon of the opposite gender or Ditto have your desired iv stats. Leave your Pokémon there and wait.
You can wait for 15 minutes and talk to the Pokémon daycare counter to receive your egg.
Step 5: Breed its Nature
There are many kinds of Pokémon nature, and like ivs, it can be inherited by the offspring through an everstone. A Pokémon nature can also affect a Pokémon stat.
Each Pokémon nature provides 1 increased stat and 1 decreased stat. There are also items called mints that affect a Pokémon’s nature.
What are the Chances of Breeding a 6IV Pokémon?
The chances of breeding a perfect iv in a Pokémon is approximately 1/55 or can be less or more. If 1 iv has a chance of 1/55, you have to multiply this with 6 because there are 6 total Pokémon stats.
How Rare is a Perfect IV Pokémon?
The rarity is one of the fifty-five chances. So on average, you have to get roughly 55 eggs and expect a perfect IV Pokémon.
Remember that it is only one stat, and there are a total of six stats in a Pokémon. There’s a 1.8 percent chance to obtain it through breeding to get a perfect iv.
The condition for this is you must have two perfect iv-parent Pokémon.
How Hard is it To Get a 6 IV Ditto?
Continuous raid battles in Pokémon Sword and Shield are needed to obtain a 6iv Ditto.
If you want to obtain a 6iv ditto, you can instead request other players to trade their extra 6iv Ditto.
Is it Possible to Have 31 IV in All Stats?
Yes. The methods, as mentioned earlier, are the only known way to get 31 iv in all stats.
However, the whole process is tedious and will take a lot of effort. Many players have also given up and used hacking tools instead to edit a Pokémon’s stat.
It is not recommended to hack, especially if you are breeding for battling other players online.
Above is information about what is a 6iv pokemon that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of what is a 6iv pokemon Thank you for reading our posst.