How to swim upwards in gta 5? Are you eager to explore the depths of every lake, river, and patch of ocean in Grand Theft Auto V? In a game full of thrills where you can go on heists and steal cars, even going for a swim can lead to a wild adventure.
Plus, exploring underwater can be a great way to improve your character’s skills and earn money. Whether you plan to dive into Michael’s pool or explore the surrounding ocean, keep reading for a complete guide to diving and swimming in GTA V.
Things You Should Know
- Walk into the water to automatically begin treading, then use the left stick or WASD keys to swim left, right, forward, and back.
- Press the R1 button (PS3), RB button (Xbox 360), or Spacebar (PC) to dive.
- Surface before your health meter runs out. Hold down the left stick and X (PS3/PS4), the left stick and A (Xbox 360/Xbox One), or S and Left Shift (PC).
- Remember that your swimming controls are inverted while you’re underwater.
Find a body of water.
GTA V takes place in California where bodies of water are plentiful. If you’re playing as Michael, you’ll have a pool and can swim in your backyard. If you’d like to swim in a bigger area, look for one of the open lakes that feed into the rivers
- There’s a large body of water at the center of the Tataviam mountain range, located to the northeast just outside of Los Santos.
- Another large lake is located in the middle of Vinewood to the north of Los Santos.
- The largest body of water outside the ocean is the Alamo Sea, which feeds into several small rivers. You can find the Alamo Sea west of Sandy Shores.
Walk into the water to begin swimming.
Once the water becomes too deep for your character to stand and walk, they’ll automatically begin treading water. From there, you can swim across the surface of the water using the WASD keys on a PC or by using the left stick on a PlayStation (PS) or Xbox
- PC: The W key moves your character forward, S moves back, A moves left, and D moves right.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: Same as the Xbox, angle the left stick wherever you want your character to swim.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S: Angle the left stick on your controller in the direction you want the character to go.
Accelerate while swimming.
Repeatedly tap the corresponding accelerate button for your gaming system to accelerate your character’s swimming speed. Swimming fast in GTA can get you places faster but also increases your character’s stamina, breath capacity, and strength.
As your character’s skills improve, they’ll be able to participate in triathlons in the game, which are races that require you to swim, run, and bike.
- PC: Accelerate with the Shift key.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: Use the X button to accelerate.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S: Use the A button to accelerate.
GTA V allows you to dive and swim underwater once the water is above your character’s head. By diving underwater, you can find treasure, points of interest, and even secret easter eggs throughout the game’s open world.
For example, there are a number of hidden packages scattered underwater that contain anywhere from $5,000 to $25,000 your character can collect.
- PC: Press the spacebar to dive.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: Press the R1 button.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S: Press the RB button.
Swim while underwater.
Swimming controls are inverted while underwater (similar to flying a plane in GTA when you begin to fly upside down).
Beyond that, navigation is much like swimming on the surface of the water, using the left stick to move on a PlayStation or Xbox, and the WASD keys to move on PC.
- PC: Press Left Shift to swim forward. Press W and Left Shift to dive deeper. Press the A key to swim left and the D key to swim to the right. Hold the S and Left Shift keys to swim up and surface.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: Press X to swim forward. Use the left stick to go left and right. Shift the left stick up to dive deeper, and shift the left stick down to swim up to the surface.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S: Press the A button to swim forward. Use the left stick to go left and right. Shift the left stick up to dive deeper, and shift the left stick down to swim up.
Attack sharks while swimming.
The waters around Los Santos are shark-infested, and you may need to defend yourself if you encounter one.
While in the water, the only weapon you can use is a knife—though keep in mind that you can attack no matter how you choose to swim, whether you’re submerged or treading water on the surface.
- PC: Equip the knife by pressing the Tab key, then attack by pressing the R key.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: Equip the knife by pressing the L1 button, then attack by pressing the Circle button.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S: Equip the knife by pressing the LB button, then attack by pressing the B button.
Check your breath and health often.
You can’t stay submerged forever. There’s a light blue meter in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, next to your character’s health. This meter indicates how long they can hold their breath underwater, and once it runs out, your character will begin to lose health very quickly.
If you do not surface before their health runs out, your character will die.
- You can also extend your character’s ability to stay underwater by going scuba diving in GTA V.
- Scuba gear is automatically unlocked after completing all main story missions in the game or by driving and exiting the dinghy (located at the Sonar Collections Dock) while in the water.
How to dive in GTA 5
1. Water Body
It goes without saying that you need to find a water body in order to dive. You need not be worried about that as the world of GTA 5 is surrounded with water on all sides, so it would not be difficult for you to find one.
2. Enter the water
Once you spot the water body you can simply walk towards it and your character will automatically start swimming once the water goes beyond his head.
3. Use WASD
You can use the WASD keys to navigate your way in the water.
- · “W”- Forward.
- · “A”- Left.
- · “S”- Backward.
- · “D”- Right.
4. Fast Swimming
To swim faster, just click the Shift key repeatedly.
ou can defend against sharks, while swimming, using your knife, as that the only weapon you can use underwater. You can equip yourself with the knife by pressing the Tab button and you can attack using the “R” key.
In order to dive below the surface of water, just press the Spacebar.
7. Swim Underwater
Use the following keys in order to swim underwater.
- · Left Shift – To swim forward.
- · “S” and Left Shift – To swim up to the surface.
- · “W” and Left Shift – To dive further below.
- · “A” – To go left underwater.
- · “D” – To go right underwater.
8. Health Check
You have to keep a watch on the light blue meter situated right beside your character’s health (bottom left corner of the screen). You have to make sure to reach the surface of the water before the light blue meter runs out. Use the “S” and Left Shift keys to do this.
Above is information about how to swim upwards in gta 5 that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of how to swim upwards in gta 5 Thank you for reading our posst.